Ingestion of poison, medicine, household products, or any other potentially harmful substance. Call the Poison Control Hotline immediately- 1-800-682-9211. Keep number posted near all telephones in home.
Injuries, particularly multiple injuries, severe cuts, injuries to the hand or eye, dog or human bites, head injuries which cause unconsciousness, recurrent vomiting or changes in mental status.
Burns larger than an inch diameter. Any severe burn to the hand or face.
Fever over 100.4 rectal in any infant less than 3 months old or over 104 rectal in older children. Call if your child is ill-appearing, even if the fever is low-grade.
Persistent vomiting and signs of dehydration
Rashes with purple coloration or associated with fever.